August 13, 2021
Media Release (for immediate release)
Organization expands footprint and disrupts industry with cost-effective testing services
ATLANTA, Georgia — The National Blood Testing Cooperative (NBTC) is pleased to announce the addition of Rock River Valley Blood Center, headquartered in Rockford, Illinois, to the organization which now consists of 15 nonprofit blood centers located throughout the country. NBTC was created in 2019 to allow community-based blood centers to take control of their blood testing needs. Today, NBTC provides high-quality testing services, at cost, to its owner-members by eliminating unnecessary profit mark-ups that large testing entities charge.
“As a small organization, joining NBTC is exciting because this means not only forging brilliant new partnerships within the industry, but the lower testing cost also means that we can strive further to accomplish our mission of providing high-quality blood products to those in need,” said Lisa Entrikin, CEO of Rock River Valley Blood Center.
The NBTC was one of the first cooperatives formed specifically for blood testing needs. It offers all infectious disease and confirmatory testing services, including Chagas and Babesia testing. NBTC has tested over a million units since the start of 2020, the majority in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. With state-of-the-art testing facilities in Atlanta, GA and the San Francisco Bay Area, NBTC provides its members with a personalized level of service and peace of mind that they can’t find with larger third-party testing services.
Rock River Valley Blood Center becomes the 15th owner member to join NBTC. Listed are the NBTC current owner members:
- Cascade Regional Blood Services (Tacoma, WA)
- Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank (Hummelstown, PA)
- Community Blood Center of Ozarks (Springfield, MO)
- Kentucky Blood Center (Lexington, KY)
- LifeServe Blood Center (Des Moines, IA)
- LifeShare Blood Center (Shreveport, LA)
- LifeSouth Community Blood Centers (Gainesville, FL)
- ImpactLife (Formerly known as Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center) (Davenport, IA)
- Northern California Community Blood Bank (Eureka, CA)
- Shepeard Blood Center (Augusta, GA)
- Stanford Blood Center (Palo Alto, CA)
- Suncoast Communities Blood Bank (Sarasota, FL)
- The Blood Center (New Orleans, LA)
- We Are Blood (Austin, TX)
- Rock River Valley Blood Center (Rockford, IL)
“We are so excited to welcome Rock River Valley Blood Center into NBTC” said Wendy Trivisonno, President and CEO of the NBTC. “Rock River Valley Blood Center shares our vision of having diverse alliances in order to help each other achieve the objective of providing the highest quality blood products. Working within the cooperative allows small blood centers, such as Rock River, to propel themselves into greater success, and we could not be happier to be working with such inspirational people.”
About National Blood Testing Cooperative
The National Blood Testing Cooperative (NBTC) is a blood testing cooperative organization that allows community-based blood centers to take control of their blood testing needs. Formed in 2019 by nine local blood centers, NBTC provides high-quality testing services, at cost, to its owner-members by eliminating unnecessary profit mark-ups that large testing entities charge. More information is available at nbtc.coop.